Did you know that about 70% of people research a company online before actually visiting it? Also, 56% of businesses with websites have received responses from customers compared to those without. This means for your practice to be competitive and remain viable, it must have an effective online presence. And one way to ensure this is if you build a professional website.
Not only is it an effective way to market your practice, but most patients expect to find your company details on the internet. This is the only way they can make an informed decision regarding whether or not to visit your medical practice.
Reasons to Consider Building a Website for Your Practice
Still not convinced that your practice needs a website? Maybe the following benefits associated with owning one will change your mind.
Your practice may be conveniently situated in high traffic areas, but this doesn’t mean everyone will know about it. What happens if someone has never visited the part of town where it’s located? A website is one quick way of ensuring that your practice is out there for everyone to see—regardless of location.
Your practice is also likely to gain credibility. Having a website will make your institution appear more professional and up to date with modern trends. And considering the industry you’re in, reputation and image play crucial roles in winning your patients’ trust.
Think of your website as one big communication platform. Websites normally feature important information regarding a particular company. This can include:
- The services your practice offers
- Why your service is unique
- Operating hours
- Where your practice is located
- Cost of services
- Informative health articles
- Whether your practice is registered
It’s clear; a casual glance at your company’s website will provide the interested person with the necessary information they need to know. As a result, they can quickly decide if they should engage your services.
Attract Potential Customers
As mentioned earlier, patients expect you to have a website. That’s the only way they can decide if your practice has the services they’re looking for or not. Absence of a website means the customers will simply shift their interests towards a practice that has one. This consequently means loss of business.
Examples of Website Builders
This is one of the top-rated website builders on the market because it offers a free plan. This means you can run this service without having to part with a single cent. Also, it’s widely preferred by most users because it comes with the following advantages:
- It’s highly user-friendly making it beginner friendly.
- Provides you with beautiful layouts to pick from.
- Many personalized images &text. You’re bound to find a style that’ll represent your practice effectively.
- The general layout will look impressive on almost any device.
- It comes with powerful blogging functionality.
- Email accounts cost extra
- No live chat
One of the reasons this platform is widely sought after is because it’s also very easy to use. You don’t need any graphic design experience to create a website. Also, it’s packed with many impressive features including:
- A full scope of customization. You can tailor it according to your preferences.
- The platform gives you two options to build your website & they’re quick and effortless.
- Plenty of stylish templates for you to pick from.
- It gives you control regarding the final look of your website.
- Allows you to make use of additional features like newsletters to liven up your website.
- Limited design capacity
- Limited phone support
- The website builder is underpowered
WordPress is one of the most popular website builders out there. Not only do you not need to code you will also have an array of design templates to choose from. Off course, if you do know how to code you can add enhanced functionality and features which may not be available otherwise.
People with limited technical expertise can easily use the backend of this website to upload new content or make changes.Note that there are two versions of WordPress and one is more complex than the other. But for the sake of building your practice website, we recommend the hosted version. This version makes it much easier to create your website on wordpress.com. And it also comes with the following benefits:
- Different templates to select from.
- Functionality that allows you to grow your mailing list.
- It looks professional.
- Easy to navigate.
- Many free themes.
If you decide to use this website builder, you either use the free or paid version depending on your finances. They both come with wide ranges of templates but the paid version has additional and improved features compared to the free version. Nonetheless, the platform offers the following benefits:
- You can work on your site offline.
- Allows you to customize your practice website to your exact specifications.
- Tools that allow you to edit your text and photos.
Here is another website builder to consider if you’re working on a budget because it’s free. And it offers the following:
- Online and offline versions; it’s important to note that the offline version isn’t as user-friendly as the online version.
- Plenty of themes that allow customization.
- Ideal for beginners
With this website builder, you’ll get a free 14-day trial to decide whether you want to engage their services fully or not. Apart from that, you’ll also get:
- Customized templates that are in line with the services that your practice offers
- Abundant helpful resources
- Branding strategies
- Ideas to solidify your social media presence
- Email management and tax calculations
Steps to Build and Host Your Website
To build and host your own website, simply follow these easy steps:
- The first step is to select a domain name and register it. This means you must establish a web address for instance ‘yourpracticename.com’. Domain names can either end with .com, .co , .net or.org.
- Fill out your account details which include your practice details like the name, zip code, and physical address.
- Find a web hosting company that will get your domain name on the internet. Most of these service providers will offer you multiple email addresses. But you’ll have to pay monthly fees depending on how large your website is and the number of visits you get on your site.
- Prepare and add your content. Here you add information that your target audience would like to know about your practice. Make sure it’s well structured and easy to read.
- The final step is to build your website. You can either do it yourself or engage the services of a professional graphic designer.
It’s evident that building your practice’s website is paramount if you expect to not only attract patients you can help but also stay in business.