Alternative Medicine EMR Software
Alternative Medicine EMR Software Guide
Alternative medicine is any practice (having the same concerns as general practice), that targets to bring a healing effect of a medication, such as Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, etc. It requires an electronic medical record (EMR software) to cater to the solutions.
As people embrace a healthier lifestyle and organic foods, the demand for alternative medicine is also becoming progressively greater. The need for quality alternative medicine EMR over pharmaceutical drugs has reduced the wastage of resources and streamlined alternative medicine practitioners’ workflow to aid them in clinical & organizational operations, improved management, and seamless billing and data entry.
Features of Alternative Medicine EMR Software
Choosing an alternative medicine EMR for your solutions will have a considerable impact on your work-life; hence, having a sound understanding of how the EMR software for alternative medicine works is essential. Before purchasing keep an eye out for the characteristics.
Built-In Alternative Medicine Templates
Alternative Medicine software offers pre-defined clinical templates to practitioners for charting and note-taking, leaving them utterly hands-free through their consultation. A good one will have customizable templates for the manual edit option to suit each practitioner’s specific workflow and requirements. It helps save a lot of time, which then practitioners can utilize to improve their clients’ health. Some EMR software solutions also have voice recognition and dictation in the templates.
Customized Prescription List
Because alternative medicine does not entail prescription drugs, the prescription list that a quality Electronic Medicine Software offers would contain vitamins and compounds. On the other hand, there is also an e-prescription feature that will allow you access to many pharmacies across the USA. A comprehensive drug database will supply the facility of verification of drug-to-drug, drug-to-food, drug-to-allergy interactions before any medication prescribed through the interaction system. Patients can also request refills online.
Quick Tip: Get precise guidance by looking at the top EMR platforms for practice management in 2021.
Another commendatory time-saving characteristic is customized SOAP notes (subjective, objective, assessment, and plan). These notes document in a structured and organized way, making charting efficient by matching diagnosis with the built-in prescription. These lists also alert the practitioner with any drug allergies or wrong data entry.
Developing patient history is essential for disease management to track medical history to determine treatment. Internal medicine Electronic Health Record software (EHR) should help track vaccinations and growth charts for constant patient medical history updates.
Electronic health record offers user workflow and patient engagement (recent doctor visits, lab results, educational materials, discharge summaries, etc.)
For patient satisfaction, watch out for software that will use the education module to formulate all the necessary information such as pamphlets, emails, and texts, explaining everything about drug usage, benefits, treatment, and future health impacts. Educational modules can easily be emailed to the patients as well; as mentioned above, an already installed prescription list will make things from both ends much simpler and more comfortable as the practitioners will be given information on hand on vitamins and compounds. They are making diagnosis more effortless and accurate. Having on-hand information on educational literature, knowing what to do in case of emergencies, high-risk situations, and prevention reduce ambiguity and enriches user engagement and experience. Patients also have access to their portals to communicate with the doctor at any time, share documents and results.
Picking an EMR software that HIPPA compliant is crucial. It sets the standard for sensitive patient health data protection. Having security means you are adhering to the policies and procedures.
E&M Codes and Billing
Treatment in alternative medicine practice is different, but the diagnosis and reporting are generally the same. This is why its software should have built-in CPT and ICD-10 codes to assure a seamless, efficient billing process. Each practice has its specific code. Better evaluation and management standards ensure that healthcare payers have all the clients’ information to payout. It should also have a real-time dashboard to check patients’ charts, profiles, billing processes, scheduling, etc. Today, alternative medicine EMR solutions must also assist users with PQRI (Physician Quality Research Institute) programs.
Have a look at the latest E&M coding changes released in January 2021!
Storing and dealing with large chunks of data is always a hassle. If you are into alternative medicine practice, then EMR software will give you the comfort of managing, maintaining, and documenting all your workflow problems.
Benefits of Alternative Medicine EMR Software
- Better In-House Care.
- Integration or seamless EMR solutions, the software should have automated patient data integration for immediate access and storage, providing tracking facilities in business operations and practice management.
- Customization and Easy-to-Use Navigation.
- Since doctors are not tech-savvy, it would not be right to expect them to be experts in using EMR software. Simple and user friendly should be a top priority as it will also be easy for the customers to switch to electronic service. Good software also has in-built recording systems for specialty practices. Some vendors offer free training too.
- Improved Financial Profitability with incentives.
- Health Information Exchange (EMRs) with HIE connectivity allow doctors and hospitals to stay connected across the country.
Selecting a vendor based on your needs
There are numerous EMR vendors of internal medicine. Being well acquainted with your medical practice requirements will help you save the time and cost that entails when it comes to choosing a vendor. Here is our guide to help you select a vendor based on your needs.
- Size: Depending on the size of your practice, if it is a solo or small practice having a limited number of staff, choose a vendor that either employs free EMR software or works on a low monthly fee structure. Software is always designed keeping in mind the number of users, budget constraints, scalability, and support. Cloud-based integration, however, should not be compromised.
The requirements for a medium-sized practice are stringent. Still, the EMR software also necessitates unique features such as interoperability, dedicated customer support, multi-device support, and extensive reporting functionality to keep an eye on the practice’s overall performance.
Large practices consist of 15-20 medical providers; therefore, a scalable EMR solution is needed to accommodate users from multiple locations.
Hospitals and Enterprise Organizations need a list of requirements to be fulfilled by EMR software. Features such as inventory management modules, interface with local labs (LIS), EMAR (electronic medication administration records), machines, and diagnostic equipment, along with drug dispensing, are of utmost importance. It should also integrate easily with other software and medical devices.
- Design: Whether it’s a site computer server or cloud-based software, it should be available anywhere through the internet. Selecting a design depends solely on your comfort level and choice. Some medical practitioners prefer a computer server as it covers the HIPAA requirements, while others want database access.
- Certification: This goes without saying that whatever software you decide to opt for in the end should have a certification. For internal medicine, look out for the ONC-Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ONC-ATCB). They will make sure that your vendor meets useful objectives and, most importantly, is HIPAA compliant. Security of patient data and medical records is a principal concern for clinicians, medical providers, and your patients. Top EMR Software Vendors from today like AdvancedMD EMR, PrognoCIS EMR, Modernizing Medicine, Chirotouch Kareo, etc., use data encryption technologies and other advanced tools in every section of the EMR Software to make sure they safeguard patient records.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud storage offers storage and backup with improved efficiency, security, and safety. Some cloud-based vendors include ChartPerfect, CareCloud, CureMD, and ChartLogic, etc.
- Customer Support Quality: Having an efficient and quick customer support service available all around the clock is essential when your software faces a technical glitch. Most of the EHR software vendors provide customer support as part of the plan without any additional cost.
Beware of the hidden costs that vendors try to sell.
- 24/7 Access: Verifying that your EMR is accessible on both PC and Mac is required. You never know what computer you will be accessing the software or which device your patient will be using.
- Mobility: Since smartphones rule the world and are easy to carry around, to keep up with a fast-paced world of technology, a vendor must have a mobile application service for its software solution. Having an application 24/7 on the go will make it convenient for the doctor to take notes of symptoms, patient history and electronically prescribe medication.
Choose wisely and find the best EHR service provider for your practice with our vast resources. With the right technology—make your work life easier and your healthcare dynamic. Find the suitable EMR with SoftwareFinder.
With over 600 EMR Software Companies, it is not easy to find the right one.