Workday is a cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) solution designed to provide Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) tools to businesses of all sizes across various industry verticals. The software .. Read more
Join thousands of other professionals and get personalized recommendations based on what businesses like you are using. There is no obligation to buy.
Hidden charges, implementation fees, long term costs? Get the complete picture from us to simplify your software selection.
There is no obligation to buy.
Procurify is cloud-based go-to spend management and procurement solution which helps the
organizations to track, analyze, control, and report their spending. This management system is best
suitable .. Read more
CCH Tagetik is an all-in-one enterprise-level accounting and BI software solution that provides medium
to large organizations with budgeting & planning, management reporting, modeling & forec.. Read more
Wave is a free web-based accounting platform geared towards small and growing businesses,
consultants, entrepreneurs, and freelancers. The solution offers a range of integrated applications that
com.. Read more
Zoho Invoice is a powerful accounting and finance tool which is developed to meet the invoicing
needs. This tool is highly efficient for small to mid-level businesses which may include startups,
ent.. Read more
TimeSolv is a cloud-based time tracking and billing solution that caters to accountants, consultants,
architects, lawyers, and freelancers, helping them manage daily business operations. Users can ke.. Read more
Sunrise is a powerful cloud-based accounting application. It is profoundly helpful for small
businesses and freelancers as it enables them to keep track of their business expenses. The software
is l.. Read more
Shoeboxed is a cloud-based digital system which is used for managing and storing receipts and
purchasing slips. All the data is converted from physical purchasing documents/receipts and stored
into .. Read more
FreeAgent is accounting software that is designed for small business owners and freelancers. This
software is cloud-based which makes it accessible from every browser and network. FreeAgent is
highl.. Read more
Last updated: November 26, 2020
Accounting Software Reviews, Features, Pricing & Compare
Control is essential whenever a company works with money; but when your money management determines your quality of service to clients it’s even more important. That’s the reality for institutions in the financial sector where bank accounting software is a valuable investment.
If this describes you or your business, let’s discuss how you can identify the ideal software package for you.
Who Needs Bank Accounting Software?
You may not realize the necessity of bank accounting software until there’s a miscalculation that affects a client negatively. This can cause the individual problems but also ruin your reputation.
For banks, mortgage services and other similar service providers in the financial sector this is a scenario to avoid at all costs & bank accounting software can do exactly this. It’s a practical method of managing the accuracy of numbers, as well as keeping the data secure and reliable.
The Features You Need
To help you maintain high levels of reliability and accuracy, you should invest in a software package that provides you with a wide range of services such as:
- An integrated system: You use advanced systems to support your banking or other features. It’s vital your accounting software can be integrated with this network to streamline processes. This network may involve other entities such as other banks. Will your software help or hinder these communications and sharing of information?
- The reports you need: From income statements to audit trails, your bank accounting software must be able to supply reports in a swift and user friendly way. This you’ll use in monitoring your own business as well as providing clients with the necessary feedback they require.
- Managing customers: When your bank accounting software also helps you manage your customer relations you can deliver a high quality service and you’ll improve the sales aspect of your institution. As part of your CRM your bank accounting software should help you monitor demographics and tasks like client mail/email communication.
- Doing billing right: The right software will make it easy to manage customer billing. With each customer’s account being unique the software must empower you to deliver customized billing according to the appropriate rates as agreed with the client. It must also make allowance for factors that change regularly such as an adjusted interest rate.
- Managing deposits: Your system must provide clients with enough options and handle functions such as deposits & transfers. Does it make allowance for unique situations such as retirement plans?
- Managing cost recovery: It’s important to recover as many payments as possible related to accounts that are in arrears. Your software should provide user friendly ways of generating communication with clients, such as drawing up letters or issuing notices. If you’re in partnership with a collection agency, why not let your software be advanced enough to communicate the necessary information with these entities?
Software is supposed to make all these tasks easy and streamlined and in an advanced society of today you can’t take a chance of managing your business in the financial sector without it. You need to operate at a fast pace to deliver exceptional service to clients and doing some of these tasks manually—or not having programs integrated with all your other software—can lead to unnecessary human error.
Whenever you purchase software you should consider your unique situation and obtain products that are relevant. You may find enough support in a standalone system while others require more elaborate functions. Or perhaps you need bank accounting software as part of a different program such as an ERP (enterprise resource planning).
How to Identify the Best System for You
You can enjoy a faster turnaround time when your software has user friendliness along with the necessary features mentioned above.
Consider this to ensure you get value for money.
Stay Up to Date Online
Mobile and online access is becoming a prerequisite in many industries and it can’t be ignored in the financial sector. If you’re interacting with clients, a web portal is essential to empower your customers to perform tasks such as deposits.
If you don’t make it easy for them to fulfil their tasks they’ll look for vendors that use the latest in technology to ensure a customer friendly experience.
If you have any activities that require you to operate on an international level your software must be able to work with multiple currencies. Even if you’re not operating globally at the moment, think about how your institution may develop in future. Select a software package that is scalable and that will benefit you long term.
Number of Clients
The number of clients you have often determines the quality of service you deliver. As your client list grows it becomes more difficult to give everyone the attention they deserve. Your bank accounting software should be designed for the size business you run, which includes how many clients you service. It should make it easy to manage your relationship with them.
With the many cost options available in today’s market you can find a product that suits your budget. But know that cloud based systems are becoming more popular: they provide much more flexibility. The drawback is that they’re often paired with monthly premiums.
Factors that affect the monthly costs include the number of users you have each month.
Also plan for an initial setup cost as a lot of work is done to set up your new system and migrate data to get your software working. This is to be expected, but to get value for money, make sure there’s also some training included in the price. You and your employees must be able to use it, prevent unnecessary mistakes and deliver a high quality product now that you have the tools available.
Your bank accounting software can be the key to running a more efficient, mistake-free business. In the financial sector this reputation can draw more clients because it affects people’s trust in you.
Consumers and businesses are weary about who to trust with one of their most valuable assets: their money. Be known as the company who values customers’ money and who goes the extra mile to ensure accuracy & fast service.