eClinicalWorks EMR Software is an award-winning vendor offering integrated EHR, Practice Management, Population Health, and Revenue Cycle Management solutions and services to more than 130,000 physicians across the US and 850,000+ medical professionals worldwide. The vendor offers both on-premise and web-based solutions to ambulatory practices, urgent care facilities, ACOs, hospitals, and more than 50 specialties.
The company has a free data conversion/transfer policy to facilitate the transition from legacy EHR to eClinicalWorks EHR software. For 1-9 physician practices, the vendor provides initial implementation services and on-site training at no extra cost.
ECW offers revenue cycle management services priced at 2.9% of monthly collected revenue with no start-up costs. This is a significantly lower rate as compared to most leading medical billing vendors who charge anywhere between 5 to 12% of collections. That said, eclinicalworks medical billing service has been accused of nickel diming customers through many hidden costs.
The latest software update, eClinicalWorks V11, promises enhanced patient safety and physicians gain access to Eva, a virtual assistant that helps clinicians recall patient histories, compare current and past progress notes and also includes credit card payment with a card on file and interoperability to aid in care coordination. eClinicalWorks EHR for MAC and PC can be accessed using a web browser, smartphone or iPad.
eclinicalWorks has also been one of the first EHR vendors to develop and deploy an opioid abuse tool that will help providers estimate patient risk and suggest alternative medications. The company hopes to assist providers in better adhering to treatment protocols thus, increasing the safety in prescribing controlled substances and prevent and detect opioid abuse and misuse.
Unlike many of its competitors, eclinicalWorks EMR has its own HIPAA compliant telehealth software Healow. Through this software not only are patients able to view their patient files but also communicated with their physicians in a timely and secure fashion. The telemedicine software is available to its EMR clients and as a standalone product for practices.
Price: eClinicalWorks price starts at $499.00 per month per user.
Free Trial: Yes
Support: Support can be reached via live customer support representatives available round the clock
Awards: over the years, eCW has won 2 “Best in KLAS” awards and more than 19 of the software's customers have achieved the prestigious HIMSS Davies Award for excellence in implementing Electronic Health Records.
- - With nine data centres strategically situated on the eClinicalWorks Grid cloud, eClinicalWorks ensures the fastest possible access to user information, along with greater uptime, scalability, and consistent high-speed access.
- - Healow, which is an eclinicalWorks patient engagement app, is integrated with popular wearables and other fitness apps. This means that the data from these devices is seamlessly transferred to a patient's health record within Healow.
- - eclinicalWorks practice management software comes with an inbuilt e-fax server with no additional cost.
- - eclinicalworks offers easy and free conversion packages to clients looking to switch from other EMR vendors
- - In 2017, eclinicalWorks was involved in a False claim act lawsuit, for which it had to settle with the DOJ. The company must now conduct a regular independent software quality review for the next five years and submit the review and its recommendations to the government.