Best EMR Software For Small Practices in 2023
EMR Software for Small Practices
If you’re thinking of implementing EMR software for a small practice, then you’ve come to the right place. Although your focus as a practitioner should be to ensure quality patient care, that’s not the only concern you’d have. You also have to implement the right digital infrastructure to help you achieve quality patient care. This article will discuss some of the unique needs of small practices and some of the best EMR software for a small-sized practice.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover in this article.
EMR Benefits for Small Practices
EMR software helps medical providers save time and effort by eliminating the need for manual processes. It is especially true for cloud-based EMR because, with time, it also saves money as you do not need expensive hardware and technologies.
Here are some of the key benefits of implementing an EHR in small practices.
Improved Clinical Efficiency
Manual clinical processes are often rigid and inflexible. However, automated workflows with EMR software can improve the flexibility, adaptability, and productivity of a practice. Physicians can access treatment plans, charting templates, SOAP notes, and much more with EMR software. Thus, physicians can do tasks in minutes that previously took hours. For instance, charting involves a lot of time and effort for each patient. However, with pre-built templates, you can take notes in minutes.
Minimized Errors and Maximized Productivity
An EMR software streamlines your workflows by reducing the chances of errors and eliminating redundant steps. It helps reduce the burden of routine administrative tasks from physicians and medical staff. You end up with more time to care for patients, thus, providing better care and higher revenue by seeing more patients.
EMR Needs of Small Practices
In contrast to the benefits of EMR software, there are a few needs of small practices. The most important thing is for the system to be affordable while eliminating the need to hire many staff.
- Appointment Scheduler: You should be able to view appointment types on a single screen. The front desk should be able to check-in patients fast. A useful scheduling module automatically shows copays and verifies patient eligibility saving your front desk time and effort.
- Patient demographic Module: Save all patient information such as medical histories, insurance, and personal info in a smart module that helps physicians during the diagnosis.
- SOAP Notes: Have customized clinical notes or pre-built templates that reduce documentation time for physicians. The practice should have the option to document through text or voice recognition.
- E-Prescriptions: You can prescribe medication, approve refill requests, and manage patient medication all from your system. It provides ease for physicians and patients. Rather than patients coming in every time for a refill, they can request their physician to issue e-prescriptions.
- Patient Portal: With a patient portal, your patients can connect with their practitioners on the go. They can also chat directly with practitioners in case of emergency.
Although these are some of the top features, the list doesn’t entirely end there. Other features include decision support, lab and radiology interfaces, a robust reporting module, and active customer support.
EMR Software - Purchase Decision
One of the best ways to implement an EMR is to get your medical staff’s input first. Once you’ve organized the entire staff’s needs, you can choose software that helps simplify those needs. Remember that the process can be complicated and lengthy as this is not something that you should change frequently. Here are a few things to remember.
- Most EMR companies do not discuss pricing on the first call. If the price is an essential decision-making factor and you want to save time, use a software review site such as Software Finder to assist you with this research.
- It can take around three months to find the right software. So start early.
- Many EHR companies offer a yearly or longer contract. There are some vendors, though, that offer a no-contract option, such as Charm Health EMR, Kareo EMR.
To dig deeper into what to expect while purchasing an EHR, read our whitepaper on What the sales team doesn’t tell you.
Best EMR Software for Small Practices
Now let’s talk about some of the best EHR software for small practices available in the market. Here are the five top budget-friendly and capable EMR software for small ways:
BestNotes EMR is a cloud-based EMR software that provides EHR/EMR services. Their features include a built-in CRM, patient portal, medication management, telehealth, etc. Although they provide a generic EMR as well, their primary focus is on providing healthcare IT services to behavioral and mental health practices.
Cost: BestNotes EHR’s pricing is $50 per month per provider. They also don’t charge any upfront fees.
MedEZ EMR is a cloud-based EMR service provider that specializes in medicine management and EHR modules. They also offer specialty-specific templates for numerous specialties like behavioral health, substance abuse, mental health etc. Their services include integration with labs and pharmacies, patient portal, clinical dashboard, patient navigator Etc.
MedEZ EMR Software
Cost: MedEZ EMR offers their services for a price of $45 per month per provider.
Practice Fusion EMR
Practice Fusion EMR is a highly flexible and adaptable software that provides EHR/EMR services. What makes Practice Fusion EMR a good choice is that you can either choose to purchase their fully integrated suite or only handpick the services you need such as practice management, EMR, medical billing.
Practice Fusion EMR
Cost: Practice Fusion EMR is priced at $99 per month per provider. They also include free of cost customer support.
Therapy Notes EMR
TherapyNotes EMR is a cloud-based software that offers behavioral and mental health-specific EHR services. Their services include patient appointment scheduling, charting, telehealth, credit card processing, and specialty-specific templates.
Cost: TherapyNotes EMR charges $49 per month per provider for solo practices and $59 per month per provider for two or more clinicians.
WebPT EMR is a cloud-based software that offers EHR/EMR, practice management, medical billing, RCM, and analytics modules. It is an all-in-one service provider that takes care of all of your medical needs. Their services include documentation management, system integrations, customizable patient scheduling, reporting & analytics, and much more.
WebPT EMR Software
Cost: WebPT EMR prices their services at $3 per day per provider. They also offer free of charge email and live chat support.
EMR Software – A Need for Small Practices
Keeping up with the medical care quality standards is near to impossible without EMR software. To stay ahead of the curve, small-scale practices need to implement EMR software within their digital infrastructure. Besides, implementing EMR software comes with a lot of advantages as well.
But how do you know which EMR software you should go for? Check out our list of top EMR systems that provides all the services you need in your practice.