What is blueEHR Software?
blueEHR is a cloud-based platform that provides electronic health records (EHR) and practice management services to healthcare providers. The software is designed to assist healthcare providers in managing patient information, scheduling appointments, documenting patient visits, prescribing medications, and performing other tasks related to managing a healthcare practice.
The platform includes tools for managing patient demographics, medical histories, and appointment scheduling, as well as clinical decision support, e-prescribing, and electronic progress notes.
What is blueEHR Software Best For?
blueEHR is known for its ability to help healthcare providers looking for a comprehensive behavioral health, EHR solution for managing patient records, appointment schedules, and communication with patients or other healthcare professionals in an efficient manner.
It is best known for its comprehensive set of features that enable healthcare organizations and patients to streamline their clinical and administrative workflows, including appointment scheduling, patient demographics, e-prescribing, and clinical decision support.
blueEHR Software Cost
The pricing plan for blueEHR pricing starts at $75/month per user. It allows monthly, and yearly payments. Users can contact the vendor for additional details, and ask for a quote. The software does not currently offer a free trial or version.
How does blueEHR Work?
blueEHR is provided by American-based company ZH Healthcare, and is fully compliant with HIPAA and ICD-10 guidelines.
To use blueEHR, healthcare providers typically need to create an account and log in to the platform. Once logged in, they can access various features and tools, including patient records, appointment schedules, billing information, and clinical decision support resources.
The software is easily accessible from any device with an internet connection. Here’s a step-by-step process on how you can implement blueEHR in your medical practice:
- First, you will need to sign up for a blueEHR account and create a user profile for the software. This will typically involve providing your name and contact details, as well as creating a username and password.
- Once you have created an account, you can log in to the blueEHR software and start using it. Depending on your role and permissions within the system, you may be able to access different features, modules, and functions.
- To create a new patient record on blueEHR, you can use the patient intake form provided by the platform. This form allows you to enter relevant information about patients, including personal details, medical history, and current health status.
- Once you have created a patient record, you can use blueEHR to manage the patient's care. This may involve scheduling appointments, ordering tests or procedures, and communicating with other healthcare professionals.
Who is blueEHR Software For?
blueEHR is best for healthcare organizations, such as hospitals, clinics, and private practices, that are looking for a comprehensive EHR solution to help streamline their clinical and administrative processes. It can be used by a variety of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and other clinical staff, to manage patient care and improve patient outcomes.
The software may also be useful for specialty care practices, as it includes tools for managing patient care across different specialties and coordinating care with other providers. blueEHR contains mobile support, a mobile app for Android and iOS, and is compatible with desktop platforms.
blueEHR Software Features
Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Management
As an EHR software, blueEHR allows healthcare providers to store, organize, and access patient records in real-time electronically. This includes documents related to a patient’s medical history, medications, allergies, test results, charting, and other important information.
blueEHR contains a built-in appointment scheduling system that allows healthcare providers to schedule appointments and manage patient schedules. The feature includes tools for viewing multiple scheduling, customizable scheduling rules (e.g., time blocks for different appointments), appointment reminders, and online booking.
Patient demographics are basic personal and contact information about patients, like name, date of birth, gender, address, phone number, and email address. In blueEHR, demographics are stored in the patient's EMR and can be accessed by healthcare providers when needed. This information is important for communicating with patients, scheduling appointments, and billing insurance companies.
The patient portal is a secure online platform allowing patients to access their health information and communicate with providers through blueEHR. The feature includes tools for viewing current and past health solutions (e.g., lab results and medications), appointment requests, and messaging. Patients can request appointments at their convenience, and healthcare providers can manage their schedules more efficiently.
E-prescriptions are another feature of blueEHR that allows healthcare providers to prescribe medications to patients electronically. Through this feature, users can expect increased accuracy and reduced errors in medication orders, such as prescribing the wrong medication or dosage. In addition, e-prescriptions save time for both healthcare providers and patients. Providers can prescribe medications faster, and patients can fill their prescriptions more quickly.
Clinical Decision Support (CDS)
Clinical decision support in blueEHR provides providers with relevant, evidence-based information at the point of care to help them make informed decisions about patient treatment. This feature can include a variety of tools, such as clinical practice guidelines, drug databases, and patient education materials.
How is blueEHR different from other software?
Like other medical software options, blueEHR comes with its own differences f that may make it a better fit for some organizations. These include:
- Customization and ease of use: While other EHR systems may have more limited customization options, blueEHR allows users to customize the system to fit their organization’s specific needs. Its user-friendly interface is also designed in an intuitive manner, while other EHR systems may have a more complex interface for teams to follow.
- Integration with other systems: blueEHR is designed to easily integrate with other healthcare software, such as practice management systems and lab systems, while some other EHR systems may have more limited integration capabilities.
- Functionality: blueEHR offers a range of features and functionality, including appointment scheduling, electronic prescribing, and patient portal access, while some other EHR systems may have different sets of features and functionality.
- Pricing model: blueEHR is a subscription-based software, while some other electronic health record (EHR) systems may have a one-time purchase fee or a different pricing structure.
Is blueEHR Software Right for You?
blueEHR is a widely-used EHR software used among a variety of healthcare professionals, with user-friendly features designed to help streamline the repetitive clinical workflows of any medical practice and organization.
Many user reviews have recommended the platform for the functionality of its customizable features, as well as its quick API-generated interface. The cloud-based model of deployment also means organizations don’t have the overhead and costs associated with running this application in their own data center.
However, some have noted connectivity issues with other software vendors. blueEHR is open-source, making it rather difficult for vendors with other proprietary systems. In addition, the platform’s upfront costs require a financial investment in the software and training for staff.
blueEHR Software Pricing
$75/month per user
✔ Hospital Management System
✔ Patient Encounters and Demographics
✔ Patient Portal
✔ Appointment Scheduling
✔ Telemedicine – HIPAA compliant video
✔ API Calls
✔ Electronic Storage
✔ Immunization Registry
✔ Syndromic Surveillance
✔ FHIR APIs
For exact pricing information customized to your practice needs or watching the software in action, please click on the buttons below:
blueEHR Software Features
Practice Management Software
Reporting and Analytics
Medical Billing Service