What is Centricity EMR Software?
Centricity EMR system is designed to manage electronic health records of large medical practices and it focuses on ambulatory services. Previously owned by GE (General Electronic), a multinational company, Centricity EMR is now rebranded by athenahealth as athenaIDX.
Centricity EMR efficiently integrates the system with revenue cycle management and practice management software to accomplish multiple functions. It enables healthcare organizations to efficiently manage their clinical, financial, and administrative operations. Some of Centricity features include e-prescribing, patient record management, claims, billing, patient registration, financial dashboard, clinical quality reporting, customized templates, and dictation.
What is Centricity EHR Best For?
Centricity EMR is best known for its ability to present a holistic view of patient data across multiple care settings. Regardless of where the patient was treated previously, healthcare providers can access former patient data, test results, and other vital information from a centralized location. Such an integrated display of a patient’s history enables healthcare organizations to make more informed decisions, eliminate errors, and enhance patient satisfaction. Furthermore, it allows medical professionals to provide a tailored care plan.
Centricity EMR Cost
Centricity offers customizable pricing, and practices of all sizes can integrate the system with their clinics. To see what Centricity will cost you, click on “Get Pricing.”
How does Centricity EHR Work?
Users can get started with Centricity EMR with the following simple steps:
- Once logged in, configure the system according to your preferences. This covers settings for display, alert options, and other user-related variables.
- Navigate the software to become acquainted with its interface.
- Access multiple modules, tools, and programs in the software.
- Enter patient data, which includes patient demographics, medical history, and medications.
- Access patient data conveniently and organize large volume of records.
Click on the “Watch Demo” button to see Centricity EMR in action.
Who is Centricity EMR For?
GE Centricity EMR is designed to support a wide range of healthcare providers, including physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff, as well as administrative and support staff. The main users of GE Centricity EMR are healthcare organizations and providers, including:
- Ambulatory care centers
- Long-term care facilities
- Specialty practices
- Community health centers
GE Centricity EMR is a comprehensive healthcare technology solution that can support a wide range of specialties, including:
- Primary care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Internal medicine
Centricity EMR Features
- Patient Monitoring
GE Healthcare offers CARESCAPE ONE, a monitoring system which aims to also improve intra-hospital transport. Patient monitoring incorporates cutting-edge technology, including analytics and alarm management. Centricity facilitates the latest care delivery models to identify, anticipate, and treat patient needs throughout the care process.
- Maternity and Infant Care
For premium maternity and infant care, Centricity EMR integrates the most advanced technology. The Corometrics 170 Maternal Monitor is a solution offered by GE Healthcare for monitoring maternal and fetal health during childbirth.
It provides healthcare providers with the necessary information to make accurate and timely clinical assessments, thus ensuring a positive birthing experience for both the mother and the baby. Centricity also provides Novii Wireless Patch System for fetal monitoring.
GE Centricity software provides several imaging options to its users. Radiology imaging supports managing radiology images, such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans. Meanwhile, cardiology imaging provides tools for managing and viewing cardiac images, including echocardiograms and electrocardiograms (ECGs). Other options include imaging for fluoroscopy, surgical imaging, mammalogy, and invasive cardiology, among others.
How is Centricity EMR different from other software?
Centricity EMR differs from other Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software in several ways. Here are the capabilities that make it special:
- Customization: GE Centricity EMR is highly customizable, which allows healthcare organizations to tailor the software to meet their specific needs and requirements.
- Integration: The software integrates with other GE Healthcare solutions and can be integrated with other third-party systems, such as laboratory systems and imaging systems, to provide a comprehensive view of patient information.
- Clinical Decision Support: The software provides decision support tools that help healthcare providers make informed decisions about patient care.
- User-friendly interface: The software features a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for healthcare providers to access and manage patient information.
Is Centricity EHR Right for You?
To determine if Centricity is right for your organization, you should assess if the costs align with your expected ROI (return on investment). You might also want to consider if it comes with comprehensive support and maintenance services. Reading Centricity EMR reviews can also help you decide if it is the right choice for you.
We recommend that you also review the software's features in detail, and consider speaking with our customer service representative to gain a full understanding of the software and its capabilities.
- Centricity EMR Pricing
Centricity EMR Software Features
Practice Management Software
Reporting and Analytics
Medical Billing Service
Deployment and Support
- Integration: Centricity EMR integrates with various medical devices, enabling medical professionals to access data in real-time.
- Customization: The software can be customized to meet the specific needs of individual practices and departments.
- Secure platform: Centricity EMR ensures secure storage and sharing of patient information through its secure platform.
- Implementation challenges: Implementing Centricity EMR may require significant time and resources, as well as a thorough understanding of the system.
- Technical issues: The software may experience technical issues, such as system crashes and slow performance, which can be disruptive to the workflow of medical practices.