What is BackChart EMR?
BackChart is a cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) system, tailored to meet the needs of small and medium-sized chiropractic practices. It assists providers in attaining Meaningful Use certification, electronically prescribing medications, creating medical records, and streamlining administrative tasks.
With BackChart's solution for chiropractic offices, healthcare providers and their support staff can manage critical components of running a medical practice. They can create templates, book appointments, and handle medical billing. The software’s patient portal empowers patients to enter their own health information, insurance details, and demographic data. Patients can also communicate with their doctors, access their prescriptions, and pay their medical bills through their personal portals.
What is BackChart EMR Best For?
One feature that makes BackChart EMR stand out is that it is designed for chiropractors to improve their workflow and quality of care for their patients. By streamlining the documentation and coding process, chiropractors can spend more time with their patients and ensure that their records are accurate and up to date. The reminder alerts can also help make sure nothing gets missed and that all necessary notes and progress exams are done on time.
Additionally, BackChart offers a convenient and secure solution for accessing patient information. A web-based platform allows users to access their patient data from anywhere, at any time, using their desired platform. Its quick and dependable servers eliminate the need for users to invest in maintaining personal servers, saving them time and money.
BackChart EMR Pricing
The BackChart EHR software offers four pricing tiers to its users:
- Light: This plan is suitable for non-clinical practitioners like acupuncturists or massage therapists.
- Basic: This plan supports clinicians whose main concern is a sturdy electronic health record system.
- Complete: This is perfect for users who want an in-house billing system.
- Premium: This plan provides a full suite of BackChart features and integrated services.
Are you looking for a custom quote for your BackChart EHR? Look no further! With our wide selection of custom quote prints, you can find the perfect design to fit your needs. So don't wait - click the 'Get Pricing' button now and get your custom quote today!
How does BackChart EMR Work?
The installation process for BackChart EMR software may vary depending on your specific version and setup. However, here are some general steps that may help you in the process:
- First, ensure that your computer system meets the minimum system requirements for the software. You can check the system requirements in the installation documentation provided with the software.
- Obtain the vendor's BackChart EMR software installation files or download them from their website.
- Run the installation file to begin the installation process. You may need to agree to some terms and conditions, select the installation directory, and choose any optional installation features.
- Once the installation is complete, you may be prompted to enter some initial configuration information, such as setting up user accounts, database connections, and customizing the software to meet your specific requirements.
- After completing the configuration, you can launch the BackChart EMR software and start using it.
It is important to note that the exact installation process may differ depending on the specific version and setup of the software. Get a one-on-one session with the BackChart sales rep - click on "Get Demo."
Who is BackChart EMR for?
The BackChart EMR software supports chiropractic practices but is used in several other specialties too. It can be used to maintain exam reminders, manage quality assurance measures, and diagnose imaging equipment. Due to its flexibility, it is used in small practices, multi-specialty clinics, and large hospital systems. Its typical users are:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Massage therapists
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Urgent care facilities
BackChart is commonly used by healthcare practices in a variety of specialties, including but not limited to:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
- Physical Therapy
BackChart EMR Features
- Patient Charting
The patient charting service is designed to assist providers in seeing more patients and improving the quality of their patient notes. BackChart’s patient charting simplifies the process of creating detailed documentation. It offers a variety of useful features, such as storing old patient data, using customized templates, and utilizing voice recognition software.
Users can also import Microsoft Word documents, organize notes by incident, track quality-of-care measures, and export patient reports. It can also be used to create medical alerts, establish progress exam alerts, and create addenda.
- Patient Portal
The comprehensive patient portal feature aims to provide greater convenience and save time for medical offices by gathering essential patient information and quality-of-care metrics. The focus is to help medical practices streamline their operations. Patients receive an email containing access to the portal to view their upcoming appointments, check their medication, allergy, and problem lists, and review lab results.
Reception staff can also use an iPad, tablet, or computer to log in and check patients in. Patients can update their demographic information and complete surveys electronically before their doctor appointments - through personal portals.
- Clinical Workflow
The web-based clinical workflow offers a time-saving and compliance-enhancing solution by simplifying the everyday tasks of a medical office. It offers a diagnostic imaging tool that minimizes workload and maximizes payment by facilitating necessary imaging.
The "My EHR" home screen allows doctors access to unsigned reports, appointment requests, appointments without reports, portal events, document storage, and meaningful use tracking. Moreover, the instant messenger feature enables real-time communication among office staff.
Is BackChart EHR Software Right for You?
Whether the BackChart software solution is right for you or not depends on your specific needs and requirements. The software offers chiropractic-specific SOAP templates, making it a fitting choice for massage or physical therapists. Before choosing any EMR software, you should consider factors such as the size of your practice, the types of patients you see, the features you need, and your budget.
You may also want to research and compare other EMR software options to ensure you are selecting the best fit for your needs. The BackChart reviews can also show you the general reputation it holds among current users. Ultimately, it is up to you to determine whether this is a reliable option for your practice.
BackChart EMR Pricing
$89 Per Month, Per Provider
$189 Per Month, Per Providers
$299 Per Month, Per Provider
$149.50 + 4% - 8% of Collections
✔ Patient Charting
✔ Clinical Workflow
✔ Unlimited document storage
✔ Patient Portal Access
✔ Billing queue
✔ Performance Outcome Reporting
✔ All the features of the Light
✔ Customer Success Coach
✔ Email Support /td>
✔ All the features of the Basic
✔ Email/Phone Reminders
✔ E-Claims and Remittance
✔ Code Scrubbing
✔ Reporting Dashboards
✔ Patient Statements
✔ Credit Card Processing
✔ All the features of the Complete
✔ Free Schedule Management
✔ Claims Follow-Up
✔ Payment Posting
✔ Professional Coder
✔ Assisted Payer Enrollment
- Easy to Use: BackChart software has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, making it easy for healthcare providers to access and input patient data quickly.
- Customizable: The system allows healthcare providers to tailor it to their specific needs and preferences.
- Secure: BackChart EMR software is secure and HIPAA-compliant, ensuring patient information is kept confidential.
- Cloud-Based: The software is cloud-based, which means it can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, providing flexibility and convenience for healthcare providers.
- Cost: BackChart EMR software may be expensive for small or independent healthcare providers, which could be a barrier to adoption.
- Technical Issues: As with any software, there may be technical issues that arise, such as slow load times, system crashes, or compatibility issues with other software.
- Training: Healthcare providers may need to invest time and resources to train their staff on how to use the BackChart software effectively.