athenahealth is a leading provider of cloud-based and on-premise healthcare solutions for medical groups and health systems nationwide. Their vision is to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all, and they pursue this through their medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, and care coordination offerings. With modern technology on an open and connected ecosystem backed by expert service and support teams, athena EHR enables customers to yield meaningful insights that make a difference for their customers.
athenaOne: a cloud-based solution that integrates clinical, revenue cycle management, and patient engagement capabilities, expert services, and support, to optimize clinical and financial outcomes, and reduce administrative burden.
- athenaClinicals®: a network-enabled EHR that organizes the moment of care to help providers maximize clinical productivity and spend more time with patients. We’re proud to announce that we were ranked #1 by Best in KLAS in 2022 athenaClinicals Ambulatory EHR.
- athenaCollector®: network-enabled revenue cycle technology and expert services that offer full visibility into financial performance while eliminating burdensome administrative revenue cycle tasks to help collect more, faster.
- athenaCommunicator®: a network-enabled patient experience solution that strengthens the relationship between medical practices and patients to improve engagement and health management outside of the doctor’s office.
- Population Health: a network-enabled technology solution that helps achieve quality goals for value-based reimbursement models while reducing total medical expenses.
- Health Plan Data Exchange: a cloud-based data exchange service for health plans looking to gain access to their members' clinical data and improve quality initiatives such as HEDIS, CMS Stars ratings, and risk adjustment programs.
- Platform Services: expert services that connect proprietary and third-party applications to tailored health IT systems with differentiated clinical and patient user experiences.
Epocrates: The #1 medical reference app providing clinical decision support and drug interaction content for providers at the point of care.
athenaIDX™: Ranked #1 by Best in KLAS in 2022, athenaIDX practice management is a dual on-premises or cloud-hosted enterprise revenue cycle management solution that helps health systems, hospitals, and billing services get paid faster with less work and at a lower cost.
- Combined Business Office (CBO): A single revenue cycle solution that enables hospitals and large physician groups to improve efficiency, reduce redundancy, and optimize revenue capture enterprise-wide.
- Billing and Accounts Receivable (BAR): A billing and receivables system that lets large physician groups and billing services effectively manage financial data, obtain maximum revenue collection, and improve productivity.
- Risk Manager (FRM): A highly customizable, provider-focused solution helps organizations efficiently manage risk and control costs associated with managing patient populations across a health system.
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling (EWS): Our robust appointment management capabilities help you coordinate and schedule appointment times, providers, resources, and locations throughout the enterprise.
athenaEDI ™: an integrated clearinghouse solution managing all electronic information between the payer and the provider to ensure efficient reimbursement operations via proactive monitoring and revenue cycle expertise. Integrates with athenaIDX, athenaIDX™ for Group Management, and athenaPractice™.
athenahealth EHR Pricing:
Learn more at athenahealth.com.
athenahealth EMR offers a cloud-based EHR and medical billing solution as well as an enterprise revenue cycle management solution that can be cloud-hosted or on-premise.
athenahealth EHR Software Features
Practice Management Software
Reporting and Analytics
Medical Billing Service
Deployment and Support
- Ease-of-use: It is modern, affordable and easy-to-use.
- Integrations: Athenahealth incorporates third-party applications, which are offered in the Athenahealth Marketplace.
- Expensive: There’s an additional cost for ongoing billing services.
- Customer service: The customer support is slow to respond.