Last updated: January 18, 2021
Marketing Software Reviews, Features, Pricing & Compare
How to buy Marketing Software for B2B Companies
Utilizing marketing software is crucial for any business to succeed and that includes Business to Business (B2B) companies. Whether your business is into supplying or manufacturing of raw materials, you need the help of marketing software if you expect to attract your target niche.
Yes, you can always rely on traditional marketing methods, but you’ll simply be doing your business a disservice. This is because you won’t expose your business as much as compared to taking advantage of marketing software.
In this buyer’s guide, we’ll highlight all you need to know regarding picking the right marketing software for your business by answering the following questions.
What is Marketing Software?
The goal of any marketing software is to allow companies to push their services and products via different web platforms. Some notable channels include websites, social networks and email. Using marketing software will enable your organization to attract their target audience as well as new customers.
What Are the Benefits of Using a B2B Marketing Software?
Streamline Your Tasks
There are many aspects involved when it comes to running a business. To compete effectively with other businesses, your administration and logistics must be highly organized.
Marketing software will help streamline your business operations and automate your daily tasks. This way you get to focus on effectively marketing your business products and services. Automated marketing software will ensure the following:
- Optimization of resources
- Enable effective data collection and analytics
- Track phone calls
Easier Management of Marketing Campaigns
A B2B Marketing software will allow businesses to effectively manage their marketing campaign programs. You get to monitor:
- Branding campaigns
- Content distribution
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Lead management automation
Keep up to Date with Customer Behaviors
For businesses to market their services or products effectively to other businesses, there must be knowledge of their niche’s buying behavior. Marketing software gives businesses the necessary tools, agility and resources to always be up to date with ever changing customer buying behavior.
Marketing software will ensure that your business:
- Knows the new trends
- Knows the buyers’ new preferences
- Matches marketing campaigns with the current needs and tastes of their customers
Reduce Staffing Costs
Here’s an advantage most businesses will appreciate: a reduction in costs. When you incorporate marketing software in a business, it means that the following marketing tasks are performed automatically over time:
- Setting up and nurturing leads
- Monitoring marketing campaigns
- Sending automated personalized emails on auto-pilot
Since the above tasks will be done automatically, it means you can cut down on employing marketing personnel. This will see your business saving money normally used for these staff members’ salaries.
Improve Accountability and Efficiency
The beauty of using technology is that almost every task that’s performed on the computer is saved. And since most marketing software allows you to monitor a certain task from start to finish, you can easily:
- Identify the loopholes in a certain task
- Identify how long each sales procedure takes
- Determine who messed up a particular campaign
- Establish whether the campaigns you’re engaging in are yielding positive results
- Receive instant feedback
- Note which areas in your marketing campaign need improvement
Limit Errors & Encourage Creativity
Performing tasks manually isn’t only time consuming, but it also increases the risk of human error. Such errors can be in the form of incorrect data input or duplication of work to mention a few. To rectify such mistakes means the task will take even longer.
By replacing such tasks with automated marketing software, you get to free up your employees’ time so that they can focus on being more creative with their campaigns.
What are the Common Features Associated with Marketing Software
There are different types of marketing software to pick from depending on your business’ area of specialty. But it’s important to ensure that the one you pick has some or all of the following features for effective results:
- Marketing automation: This functionally allows your business to develop, implement and track marketing campaigns.
- Generate leads: Ideally the right marketing software must allow for effective lead generation. It must enable automation of market research, market segmentation and effective marketing communication to your target market.
- Email marketing: Your software must allow you to create, send, track and respond to emails.
- Social media management: The software must allow for effective social media management and monitoring.v
- Mobile marketing: SmartPhones are quick and cost effective ways to reach your target audience. The right marketing software will allow you to capitalize on these mobile platforms as you market your products.
What Are Your Business Objectives?
What are your objectives as a business? Answering this question will help you pick a B2B marketing software that’s in line with your organization’s vision. This means you must determine the kind of buyer you are. Your business can fall into any of the following three categories:
- Outbound marketing: Is your goal as a business to reach out to potential customers? The software you pick must allow you to engage in effective advertising tactics. Look for software that has email and mobile marketing functionalities so that you can reach a wide target audience at the lowest cost possible.
- Inbound marketing: Do you want potential customers to find you? You must look for marketing software that specializes in search engine optimization and content marketing functionalities. This way the system can devise ways that allow your business name to appear easily on web searches done by other businesses.
- Social media marketing: Is your business more interested in connecting with other businesses? Then you must ensure your software allows you to monitor social media conversations as well as track the effectiveness of certain social media campaigns.
In today’s cut throat business environment, it’s impossible for a business to compete effectively without making use of marketing software. From the above, it’s clear that marketing software has seized to be a luxury—it’s now a necessity if you expect your business to remain relevant and profitable.