What Is SimplePractice?
SimplePractice EHR is a cloud-based practice management application specifically designed to streamline the administrative tasks of healthcare practices. With HIPAA-compliant capabilities, it allows health and wellness professionals to automate common processes like scheduling and payments.
Private practitioners can also easily access video consultations, patient records, and prescription histories. The platform provides tools like appointment reminders, a client portal, insurance claims administration, and online appointment requests to simplify communication with clients.
What Is SimplePractice Best For?
SimplePractice is an all-in-one practice management software that simplifies health and wellness professionals’ delivery of quality client care. This practice management platform offers a wide range of features.
Simple Practice offers a paperless intake experience that is easy to use, notes and forms that can be changed, appointment reminders, and the ability to file e-claims. These offerings provide practitioners with the tools to help them deliver better client care.
There are three Simple Practice software pricing tiers: Starter, Essential, and Plus. The price of the Starter pack is $29 a month. The Essential package costs $69 a month, whereas the pricing quotation for the Plus plan is $99 per month. Moreover, you can click on the Get Pricing button above to get a personalized pricing quotation.
Here is a list of third-party applications that SimplePractice software integrates with:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Google Calendar
- Dazos CRM
How Does SimplePractice Work?
Here are the detailed bullet points on how to start working on the SimplePractice EMR software after installing it:
- Log in to the system using your credentials. If you are a new user, you can sign up for an account on the SimplePractice website.
- Access the SimplePractice dashboard after logging in to access the functionalities of the software.
- To get started with SimplePractice, you will need to create your client list. Click "Clients" in the menu on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Click the "New Client" button to add a new client to your list. Fill out the required information, including the client’s name, contact information, and other relevant details.
- Once you have added your clients, you can begin scheduling online appointment requests. Click "Calendar" in the menu on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Click on the day and time you would like to schedule an appointment, then select the client you want to schedule it for.
- You can also set up appointments that happen repeatedly by choosing "Recurring" when making an appointment.
- To create and send invoices to your clients, click "Billing" in the menu on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Click on the "New Invoice" button to create a new invoice. Select the client you would like to invoice and enter the amount due.
- SimplePractice also allows you to create and share documents with your clients. Click "Documents" in the menu on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Click "Messages" in the menu on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- To send a message to a client, click the "New Message" button and select the client you want to message.
Click the Watch Demo button to access a free SimplePractice demo and experience the software firsthand.
Who Is SimplePractice For?
SimplePractice software is specially designed for private practices in the healthcare and wellness industry. Here is a list of medical specialists who use the software:
- Substance-abuse counselors
- Social workers
- Speech-language therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
The following are the key features of SimplePractice:
SimplePractice's telehealth feature allows practitioners to connect with their patients securely and conveniently from any device. Moreover, videoconferencing allows practitioners and patients to talk to one another and even chat during the call.
SimplePractice also has a helpful pre-appointment checklist that practitioners can download and print before each session. This list helps them quickly and easily get ready for the session so that they can give the best care to their patients. The feature also makes client communication a lot easier with practitioners.
- Insurance Claims
You can file insurance claims quickly and safely with SimplePractice thanks to easy enrollment, auto-filled claims, status tracking, and built-in ERAs. You can also set up billing and automation to help streamline the process. It includes invoice settings, automated statement and superbill generation, and billing document delivery delay.
SimplePractice also allows you to manage client and insurance billing with ease. You can view all your client’s billing documents in one place and see their details. Additionally, you can set up insurance billing for your clients by adding their billing and insurance information into the system.
The application offers managed billing services to stay on top of insurance processes. SimplePractice makes it easy for clients to pay their bills through the portal. They can add a new card or update existing payment methods within the software.
Furthermore, SimplePractice is a great tool for managing your private practice’s billing needs with its secure filing capabilities and helpful features like automated statements and managed services.
- Client Portal
The client portal is a secure platform that offers customers access to their billing data, medical history, and lab results. The client portal tool provides several functionalities, such as online appointment scheduling, messaging, and video conferencing with service providers.
Additionally, the client portal functionality enables users to stay connected with their service providers in real-time, enhancing communication between the two parties. Patients can access the client portals through the SimplePractice app and easily schedule appointments.
With SimplePractice, you can easily manage your availability, take control of your calendar, and book appointments online. You can also set up appointment reminders for clients to ensure they do not miss them. This feature allows you to customize the timing and frequency of reminders to send them out at the most appropriate times.
SimplePractice also has an enterprise-level scheduling feature that lets patients set their own appointments and gives them real-time access to your solo and group mental health providers. Through its client portal, SimplePractice also makes it easy for new clients to ask for appointments.
Is SimplePractice Right For You?
Are you looking for secure, reliable EHR software? SimplePractice may be the right choice for you. This cloud-based platform is HIPAA-compliant and HITRUST-certified, meaning it meets key regulations and industry-defined requirements to protect your data. Moreover, the software is also ONC-ATCB certified.
Also, the SimplePractice system has a lot of features that make it a great choice for healthcare providers. It includes appointment scheduling, charting, compliance tracking, e-prescribing, handwriting recognition, and meaningful use certification.
Call our experts if you are still dubious about investing in the software. We will help you guide us through the process and finalize the best software for you.
What’s included(Starter Plan Features)
What’s included(Essential Plan Features)
What’s included(Plus Plan Features)
- Unlimited clients
- Paperless intakes
- Client portal
- Progress notes
- Diagnosis and treatment plans
- Automated invoicing and billing
- Credit card processing
- Live customer support
- Mobile app
- Telehealth for $15/month
- Everything in Starter plan, plus
- Customizable notes and assessments
- Appointment reminders
- Online appointment requests
- Secure client messaging
- Monarch directory
- Professional website
- Analytics dashboard
- Insurance claim filing (starting at $0.25/month) for 10 claims monthly
- Wiley Treatment Planner for $15/month
- Calendar sync
- Appointment request widget
- Advanced calendar filters
- Add team members
- Insurance claim filing (starting at $0.25/month) for 35 claims monthly
- Practice managers for $39/month for 1 person
- Clinicians for $59/month for 1 person
Practice Management Software
Reporting and Analytics
Medical Billing Service
- Completely paperless, making patient management easier
- It can be accessed from anywhere
- Active and responsive customer support
- Send secure messages due to HIPAA-compliant rules followed by the software
- Lack of customization options
- High learning curve initially, as per SimplePractice reviews
- Frequent updates are required as per user evaluation