Android App Development
Last updated: December 04, 2023
Android Application Development – Complete Guide
Mobile apps are gaining incredible force as the world is heading towards digitization. The development of android applications is providing new opportunities for businesses in the digital ecosystem. Businesses now more than ever need to have cross platforms that can scale, provide varieties, and organizational structure. Although developing an android app is comparatively more expensive than web apps, taking this step is crucial to stay connected with your customers.
Developing an android app from scratch is a daunting task. However, with the right tools at your disposal, it’s a piece of cake. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the various types of android app development tools, how you can choose the right android app development tool, and market trends.
Types of Android Apps
To classify, there are three types of android apps:
- Native – Native android apps are built to be native to only one platform, Apple iOS, Google’s Android, or Windows Phone.
- Web – A web application will run on a web server. These apps provide limited features in terms of features and functions.
- Hybrid – They’re a blend of native and web apps. They are written using HTML5 programming language. These apps can be easily installed on any android device, but they run through a web browser.
Here are some of the common features of android app development tools:
- Security – The most primary feature that should be administered for data confidentiality.
- Good Image Resolution – High picture resolution for a worthwhile user experience.
- User Experience Focused (UX/UI) – It should focus on interaction and simplicity.
- High speed – keep it simple, keep it quick! A good speed means graphics that do not withhold large databases and sets of graphics.
- Push Notifications – These can be text, graphic, or a combination of both. Personalized push messaging is better than old unsolicited messaging.
- Augmented Reality – An extremely exciting and fascinating feature giving users the benefit and comfort of the ‘try before buy’ model.
- Social Integration – Integration with social channels keeps users engaged with the app and simplifies the signing process.
Choosing the Best Android Application Development Software
The core functionality of android devices is to run as a host of applications that can serve nearly every imaginable purpose. If you need an app right away, then go for building a web app. It speeds up development time, and users will only require a mobile browser to use it.
If fast and stable performance is your utmost priority for your android app, then you need to develop a native app. Since it only focuses on one platform, this app will give you speed, stability, and customized features targeted best for your business model.
If you want full control of your platform and don’t want to outsource everything, opt for Low-Level Coding. Technical but flexible like Thunkable and Apphive.
In the end, monitoring the metrics will determine the success and growth of your brand. Depending on your user’s needs, one can always build another type later down the road.
BuildFire: This method allows you to create an app desired for your application needs with backend infrastructure. It will also give you the freedom to do whatever you want with the app, ensuring database servers, security, and compliance.
Rapid App Development (RAD): If you do not have any specific result planned out, this model is for you. Rapid application development focuses on user feedback and works by developing prototypes that can be tested out for functions and features without affecting the product. It can also be pricey, depending on your platform.
Market Trends of Android App Development Tools
The mobile age has fundamentally transformed business and operating models in marketplaces. The tech giants see a huge sum of investment in the app industry over the past few years. To thrive in a digital era, getting acquainted with the latest development trends has become a need. Here are the latest market trends that are happening.
5G Wireless Technology
5G wireless service has been the most significant and on the top of android application development. Without question, the 5G network’s speed is 100 times faster than the 4G network. The industry professionals expect a transition from presently used 4G services to the 5G wireless network by the end of 2021. Apart from the high speed, the 5G wireless services also serve other functionalities like:
- 3D Gaming
- Augmented Reality
- Data Security
Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology (DLT), and its goal is to allow digital information to be recorded and distributed but not edited. Blockchain development is being used in android apps to enhance security, tracking, and quality controls. Almost all the apps are already using this technology for secure and faster payment options.
Artificial Intelligence and Chatbots
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning have taken a new level and revamped technology’s face. Integration of AI in android app development is not only time-saving but also enriches user engagement and experience. Chatbots are on the front line of AI; they’re getting smarter every day and help users from ordering pizza to understanding B2B sales’ complex process. Android apps with services like cab, food delivery, and online shopping are integrating chatbots to quickly respond to customers’ queries.
Cloud-based Android Apps
Cloud technology is helping organizations store a massive amount of data. Enterprises are resorting to cloud-based android applications for the following reasons:
- Multiple platforms compatibility.
- Seamless integration.
- Lesser development time and cost.
- Massive storage.
- No installation is required.
- Greater productivity.
For more extensive databases, most apps use Amazon Web Service (AWS) as their cloud computing backup.