Jira is a well-known project management tool. It was created by Atlassian, originated as a platform for managing software development projects but has subsequently evolved into a broader range of applications. It employs the Kanban (or board) visual interface, in which projects are managed by rearranging index cards across categories on a digital corkboard.
It is a project and business process management software that helps teams adopt agile processes for planning, tracking, and launching products. It utilizes the Kanban Scrum framework and supports hybrid models for unique workflow management.
Highlightes Features of Jira Software
Teams are focused on delivering value-added work with incremental and iterative efforts. They become more Agile and fast-track processes using the personalization options available. The scrum board contains all the information the team needs to complete their tasks in one place. Team members have access to each other and communicate or collaborate without delays.
Jira helps software development teams visualize the progress of their project by creating a big visual picture. As a result, they can communicate internally and update stakeholders on their daily progress.
Users can plan and track their work despite working on different teams. They can monitor the status of each ticket and view their version of the roadmap. In addition, this tool allows them to elaborate on every development phase's best and worst-case scenarios.
Teams can create and automate several types of reports. These reports provide users with real-time insights into what action to take next and maximize their output per sprint. In addition, the reports can provide data on how to proceed for Scrum, Kanban, agile methodology, and hybrid models. As a result, users can identify trends and improve their productivity for each model. You can view this feature in detail during the demo.
With automation, teams with repetitive work can focus on high-priority tasks with time and resources. In addition, there is no code or programming required for it. The system comes with many templates for automating everyday tasks. The software can also implement rules for similar jobs and activities across the project.
The software provides two hosting choices: a cloud server and a self-hosted data center.
The cloud server costs $500 per month (or $0 if you use the free tier). It is an online hosted option that eliminates the need for businesses to maintain a server or protect their data. According to reviews, it is pretty convenient as users just need to log in when accessing the product. It also implies that as new features are added to the software, they will automatically be added to your account.
Jira Cloud also integrates with the mobile app. As a result, it is an excellent solution for small and medium-sized businesses.
The data center costs $42,000 per year. It is only for businesses, with annual subscriptions for a minimum of 500 users. This option provides necessary enterprise-level functionality, such as SAML 2.0, disaster recovery, project archiving, and AWS compatibility. The data center is only accessible for Jira Software, not Jira Core, more generic project management software.
Clients can opt for on-premise or cloud deployment. There is a seven-day free trial. After that, the project management tool is available at an affordable cost. However, you can get all the pricing details by clicking “Get Pricing.”
Jira's core software suite provides cloud-based options for small and mid-sized businesses (beginning at $7 per user per month). However, Jira's server and data center choices are likely beneficial for larger companies due to their control.
- The software offers data security with advanced controls to manage permissions and access.
- Users can create project roadmaps and outline the progress of each project.
- The simple drag and drop interface lets the team manage every task and activity in detail.
- The platform integrates with thousands of business apps to provide easy access to design, monitoring, productivity, and source code-related information.
- Project management helps software teams track issues and projects. As a result, agile teams can prioritize tasks, hold work-related discussions, and have complete visibility in all contexts.
- The software can also operate as a bug tracking tool with advanced features for complex projects. For example, users can bug-related tasks, link issues in code with other options, and plan according to agile practices.
- The software is also available as an Android and iOS app, making project management available on the go.
- They offer monthly packages for exclusive users and provide online support in technical representatives, documentation, and tutorial videos.
- The software offers complex functionality and has a steep learning curve. As a result, it can be overwhelming to users at first.
You can request a Jira demo by clicking “Watch Demo” above.
Jira Software Features
Visual Workflow Management
Process Modeling & Designing
Real Time Reporting