All You Need to Know About Business Collaboration Tools
Collaboration is the process of working with others to accomplish a common objective. This target can be a project or an organizational goal in a business setting.
Collaboration tools are software applications that enable individuals to communicate to achieve a common objective. A collaboration tool is intended to assist a group of two or more individuals in attaining a common aim or purpose. Among the advantages of utilizing collaborative tools are:
Easily Accessible Information
You can store papers, files, folders, etc., in a shared location accessible to all team members for easy access. It is useful when a new team member is added or when an existing team member takes a leave of absence or is replaced. As all papers are consolidated, new team members may quickly get up to speed, and the ongoing project is unaffected.
Your team members can interact whenever they require assistance. They don’t need to wait until the next meeting to communicate their thoughts or difficulties. Instead, they can utilize live chat and audio/video calls to exchange information and solicit feedback from peers. This saves time, improves workflows, and facilitates project communication.
Improved Employee Productivity
If your team is geographically distributed or working remotely, a collaboration platform will serve as the link between all team members. They will receive periodic updates and information regarding the project’s development. This will increase their sense of connection and responsibility for the project’s outcome, directly impacting their productivity.
Critical Features of Collaborative Tools
Here are some characteristics of collaboration tools from which your organization may benefit:
Collaborative tools support synchronous and asynchronous communication with features including online chat, audio and video calling, and discussion forums.
File sharing enables team members to share data, papers, photos, etc. You can distribute them via email and chat attachments.
Document management enables you and your colleagues to collaborate in real-time on papers. You can store all documents in a central repository and grant access permissions to members as needed.
Collaborative tools allow you to create project tasks and subtasks, establish deadlines, and assign them to various team members. This assists with project management software, tracking dependencies, and resource planning.
Top 5 Collaboration Tools
Clickup Software is a cloud-based solution for project planning, organization, and collaboration. It allows you to create and assign team members to project tasks. Your coworkers can remark on tasks and tag one another to seek follow-up activities. Additionally, they can highlight and respond to specific portions of remarks. This function is helpful if someone asks several questions on a comment or if the job is highly active. When a task is done, all members are notified of its completion.
Other ClickUp collaborative features include:
- File exchange
- Gantt chart
- Product roadmaps
- Kanban boards
Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, is a cloud-based collaboration application that includes Gmail, Google Meet, Google Chat, and Google Calendar.
The tools include document sharing, live chat, and video calls to facilitate real-time collaboration among remote workers. For instance, multiple team members can simultaneously edit a Google document. They can add comments to the document and share it via email or Google Chat with their peers. They can also connect with others in real-time via a call. You can schedule these meetings in advance and send invitations via Google Calendar.
Other collaboration features of Google Workspace include:
- Instant messaging
- File management
- Cloud file storage
- Communal workspace
Slack Software is a web-based team collaboration application that you may use for both formal and informal team communications. It enables you to create specific chat channels for projects, team discussions, and even informal talks. Text chat and audio or video calls allow your team members to collaborate in real-time.
You can also use Slack to communicate with clients that prefer not to utilize email. You can invite them as guests to any Slack channel. You can even modify the privacy settings of channels to restrict access to documents, photos, etc., to just approved members.
Other Slack collaboration features include
- Notifications sent using electronic mail
- @ mentions
- Screen sharing
- File and document management
Trello Software is a visual cloud-based collaboration platform that facilitates project and task management.
The online collaboration application allows you to arrange tasks using Trello cards on graphic project boards. Each card represents a different project, and you can build task or to-do lists. You can add due dates, assignees, and comments to tasks and track progress. Team members can upload documents and request feedback on deliverables through card-based comments.
Other Trello collaboration features include:
- File exchange
- Process automation
- Activity recording
- Real-time notifications
Zoom is a cloud-based team communication suite that offers audio and video conferencing, webinars, and shared online workspaces, among other features.
You can use the tool’s meetings and chat functions for everyday collaboration. For example, you may make audio and video calls to communicate with your coworkers individually or in groups using Zoom meetings and chat. During calls, you can share your screen and even allow people to write or annotate. You can also use the private chat box to send a message or share a file with a specific member during a group call.
Other collaboration features of Zoom include:
- Attendee management
- Drag-and-drop file sharing
- Statistical reporting and analysis
- Call recording
10 Best Business Collaboration Tools
- AtTrack: AtTrack is a time tracking software for HR managers and small business owners to plan, track, and measure employee productivity and project timelines. The software is easy to use and budget-friendly. AtTrack also integrates with other tools, such as Google Docs, Trello, and Jira to facilitate collaboration and communication among team members.
- A1 Tracker: This is a collaboration tool designed specifically for risk management. A1 Tracker helps risk managers and business owners identify, assess, and manage risks related to their projects and operations. The tool can also be used to create custom risk registers, set risk thresholds, and monitor risk levels in real-time.
- Coda: Coda is a multi-user document collaboration tool for freelance and in-house teams to create and collaborate on dynamic, interactive documents. Users will be able to combine text, tables, and media in a single document and use built-in formulas and functions to streamline project plans and content production.
- Evernote Teams: Evernote Teams serves as an all-in-one digital file cabinet, personal notebook, and project management tool for individuals and teams. Each team member can create notes, keep on top of assigned tasks, and manage schedules in one place, while also collaborating with others for projects and meetings.
- Ayoa: Ayoa is the only mind mapping tool in the market that is based on AI. It’s an intuitive, “brain-friendly” tool where users can map project cycles in canvas and workflow style boards for seamless task management and idea generation.
- FreshDesk: Looking for a customer support software? FreshDesk helps organizations manage and resolve customer inquiries and issues. It offers a range of features for handling customer interactions, including a ticketing system, a customer portal, and live chat. Freshdesk also includes tools for managing and tracking customer interactions, such as a knowledge base, a customer feedback system, and a reporting and analytics dashboard.
- Bluebeam Revu: This is a project management software for the construction industry. With Bluebeam, architects, engineers, and contractors will be able to create, edit, collaborate, and share PDF documents on the go and in the office. The platform is great at improving workflows among team members in real-time, and includes features for built-in markup and hyperlink tools, permission settings, and live activity feeds.
- Lucidchart: Lucidchart is a web-based application where users can sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams to manage projects and brainstorm ideas. The platform is most popular for creating business process maps, planning and organizing scrum teams, and sketching product architectures.
- Kanbanchi: Kanbanchi is the only online tool for managing enterprise-level projects on Google Workspace with built-in features like Kanban Board, Gantt Chart, and Time Tracker. It is designed to promote real-time collaboration and simplify task management. Because the interface is very similar to Google, users will be able to quickly grasp Kanbanchi’s full functionality within minutes.
- Favro: This cloud-based collaborative planning tool is most popular among fast growing SaaS and live game companies. On Favro, marketing teams and software developers can create and organize planning boards and sheets, databases and roadmaps, and documents and wikis. Favro is also great for prioritizing projects with high-level goals by aggregating the workflow of their team members.
You require a collaborative business atmosphere to understand your responsibilities. If you need help, you cannot wait for formal meetings but must instantly engage with your team to move forward. There are various software applications to help you meet your collaboration requirements. If you are unfamiliar with collaboration tools, we hope this guide will help you make the best decision for your business.
Related Article: Top Project Management Software for Finance Industry